Hello there, Paige here!
I am so excited to share that we have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thanks to Kristen from Moore to Learn for nominating us! It feels so great to have already started connecting with so many fabulous teachers and bloggers.
I will share a few things about myself before passing the love onto some other blogging friends.
1. I live in Wisconsin but am an Iowa girl at heart. My husband and I both went to school there and are diehard Hawkeye fans! Go Hawks!
2. I have been married to my husband, Andrew, for 7 years. We met driving school buses and being camp counselors at Banner Day Camp in Lake Forest, IL.
3. We have a 2.5 year old sweet boy named Owen. He seriously is the light of my life and I am so lucky that I get to be his mommy. This summer has been so much fun. I love being able to stay home with him every summer!
My sweet boy our first summer and this summer.4. This is my TENTH year teaching. It is hard to believe that college was 10 years ago. I started in Special Education and did that for 4 years and then moved into the general classroom. I have taught first grade for 5 of those years in the classroom. First grade has my heart.
5. I love being organized, planning and making lists! It keeps me sane, especially during the school year.
6. I was in the marching band all through college. I played french horn in concert band and the mellophone in marching band. And because Iowa was good when I was in college I also spent 4 New Years Eves in FL for bowl games! Woohoo for free trips! Stay in band kids!
7. I have my masters in reading from Concordia University-Chicago. Reading is my favorite subject to teach.
8. I have a bee theme in my classroom. 2 reasons: I’m Mrs. Bessick and a bee is black and gold, just like my beloved Hawkeyes. Oh, and I don’t change my theme every year. #reallifeteacher Since I have had my own classroom I have had a bee theme. I find it too much work to change themes every year and I just love my bees.
9. I am a total Midwesterner. I was born in Illinois, grew up (ages 5-14) in Missouri, moved back to Illinois for high school, went to college in Iowa, moved back to Illinois after college and now have lived in Wisconsin for 6 years.
10. I have loved this Blogging/TpT journey that I have been on this summer. I have loved connecting and making friends and can’t wait to meet more teaching friends. It seriously is the best community to be a part of.
Thanks again to Kristen for the nomination.
I would like to nominate some of my other first grade friends…
Kellee from Stomping Through First
Kristen from Where the First Graders Are
Katie from Living the First Grade Dream
Thanks so much for reading and make sure to check out these awesome blogs.