Goodbye 2016, hello 2017. A lot of people, especially on social media, are saying that 2016 was an awful year that ended with the Mariah Carey debacle at the NYE celebration. While I was not awake to witness the awkwardness, I have to say that November 2016, was definitely one of my best months ever! The CUBS finally won the World Series and my second son was born! But, if you're someone who feels it wasn't great, read on to find out how to make 2017 a great year!
While I shared why I think 2016 was pretty great (you can read about the newest addition to my family HERE)...
I am ready to make 2017 even better.
I know a lot of people are not excited about this year and think that it has the potential to be even worse than 2017. Well, let me tell you, YOU are in charge and YOU can make it the best year ever.
Since reading Carol Dweck's book, Mindset: The New Psychology of Success (click to be taken to Amazon), several years ago, I've been working on having a positive mindset both for my students and for myself. I am typically a pretty positive person, so this hasn't been too hard, but I have to say, with all of the negativity around lately, it's been a lot harder.
So as I began to think of my New Year's resolution this year, I started thinking about mindset. I typically make the resolutions like drink more water, eat healthy, exercise more, you know the kind, but this year I knew wanted something different. My next thought was to make the resolution to have a baby that sleeps through the night, but with that not being something that would make myself a better person (although it could because I would be well-rested 😉), I wanted something BETTER. Something that could help myself and others, provide happiness to myself and others and was just a better way of thinking.
So that's when I came up with this:
This quote has always been a favorite of mine so when I was coming up with a resolution, I thought a lot about it.
Now that I have come up with my New Year's Resolution for 2017, I thought about what it means and how am I going to meet that resolution. This is not just a goal I'm trying to get to, this is a way of thinking for the entire year.
I started by thinking of all of the things I know will happen to make this a great year.
Here's my list:
- I get to watch my newborn grow into a toddler, see his personality and listen to baby laughs (one of the best things ever!).
- I will continue to be loved on by my 4-year-old who just loves snuggling and giving me hugs and kisses.
- I get to spend every day with a husband I love more than anything and know that he loves me just as much.
- I have the chance to change the lives of 16 students and spend every work day with eager, curious, and loving 7-year-olds.
- I get to go to work doing what I love with people I really enjoy working with.
- I get to travel to Florida for spring break to see my mom and spend time at the beach. What could be better than that?
- I get to spend summer with my family of 4 and we get to have fun and travel. (My husband is a teacher too!)
- I get to watch the CUBS and Hawkeyes again and hope that they can have just as good a year as last year.
I came up with eight reasons pretty easily, so now I challenge you! Can you come up with some reasons why this is going to a great year?
The second part of this challenge is that hard part. When you are feeling down, when you see negativity, when people are unkind, think of this resolution. And go to your BEST YEAR PRINTABLE and remind yourself why this is going to be a great year. Then do this every day, ALL YEAR!
If you're going to make this the best year ever, share my image below to let me know you've accepted this challenge! Use #bestyearchallenge and tag me to let me know. Then share ways that you're making this the best year EVER!!
SHARE THIS IMAGE!
I wish you the best of luck in making this your best year EVER and cannot wait to see what you have to share. Until then, if you think others will like this, please share and pin.
Happy New Year! And remember Stay Positive & Be Kind.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. By purchasing an item on the Amazon site using these links, I will receive a small commission on your purchase.